Hello, 2019.

So long, 2018
Nice to meet you, 2019.
Please be kind to me and my loved ones;
keep us safe.
Most of all,
thank you in advance.

by Shannon.


After a week, I just realized that I only gave farewell for 2018 but not a greeting for 2019 soo... here it is despite its delay HAHA.

    When it comes to a 'new' year, I bet all of us are listing down our new year's resolution which we probably might not even care to achieve it since our motivation has always been very low for new year's resolution at some point right? BUT of course there are some that are able to achieve it and I really do respect them for being able to reach their goals. ANYWAY, why do we make goals tho? These thoughts just came through my mind while I was staring blankly in the afternoon cause I have nothing better to do heh.

Why do we make goals & how?

    From what I know is that most people tend to make goals so that they can have something to chase and work harder towards something. If not, they probably won't go much further and just continue to do the same as they have been. Because without something to vision oneself in the future, one doesn't make much effort to improve themselves. Well, of course, it also gives us a sense of responsibility to achieve them so we can satisfy ourselves like losing weight by the particular month so you can put on your favorite dress you couldn't fit back then, save enough money to travel to your favorite country so you can take lots of pictures and share them on your social media and all. 

    NOT ONLY THAT, I realized sometimes we even make goals because we had the motivation to make them but then after sometime, we gave up halfway, RIGHT? Well, it's normal and I'm here to tell you it's okay! because you're the one who makes them so it's your rule anyway. ;) a nice way to explain right? HAHA.


    For me honestly, I make goals that are in detail so I can know how to start the goal and then making it possible for me to procrastinate from time to time (if you get what I mean, you're probably the same 'species' as me HAHA) instead of wanting it to achieve it at a certain time. It's just that 'goals making' gives me the motivation to start earlier and with that, I can do it slowly without any forming of stress that I feel like I can never achieve it by the time set, thinking to myself why I haven't achieved it after the number of months yet and the doubts that I have in me eventually whether am I improving myself as what I wanted or not. 

    I don't like to set time to achieve them since it just stresses me out completely, I like to leave options in between those goals because life comes in many interesting events that might change your mind and when that time comes, you don't have to think about whether you should continue your goals as what you planned in the time measured or not. Instead, you can just make your decisions easier and go with the flow.

    It also makes me kind of know how should I start since when I make goals, I make those that are VERY easy to achieve like posting more 'me' pictures, try to talk more, and try to smile more. As you can see, each of those goals are connected to becoming confident in general. I list them down in detail and that's how I can know where to start first depending on the situations I am in.


    At the end of the day, it all comes down to the same reason honestly, to improve ourselves or to get what we want. It just all comes downs to the method you put yourselves in to make those goals come true. With the strong mindset planted in you and passion to get them, you'll get what you want in return without a doubt. 

    ANYWAY, 2019 is a new year to set your mind to improve yourself more! As for me, I have a lot more interesting content coming up this 2019 so look forward to it!!! Love ya! ;)

Sincerely, Shannon


portrait photo creds: Annabelle (best friend)

No comments