Wandering in Singapore

Explore while you're young! It's exciting. 
- Shannon -


**All pictures are taken by me in this post (except the ones with 'me' in it & the MRT map picture)

    So if any of y'all had followed my Instagram account (if you haven't, here); you would see my stories filled with little hints of Singapore attractions in the beginning of 2019 and of course, it was a splendid trip! I stayed at my best friend's house and that saved me tons of money honestly (thanks for letting me crash your house for 4 days, Annabelle HAHA). The main purpose of this trip is to meet my best friend; ANNABELLE and honestly, I also wanted to kick-start my new year with a travel blog post since it's been awhile since I posted one soo... With my Singapore trip, I FINALLY can write a travel post for y'all and I've been waiting to write it ever since I booked the ticket. SO! HERE IT IS!

1st Day

    On the first day I've arrived, my friend picked me up from the airport and went straight to her house to unpack my stuff first. It was fast and we head on out to start our exploring journey of two young youthful girls. The first destination we went to was the ION Orchard Mall to walk around and as we head out to the streets, we got to try out the Ice Cream sandwich/flat cone(?) that was quite famous in Singapore. I had the chocolate flavor because... who doesn't love chocolate right? ;) My friend had the Tutti Fruity one but I didn't take a picture of it but it was kind of good with the fruits (I think) inside. There were other flavors to choose from too. I'll put the picture of the flavors and the store itself below.



    We then went to visit the library at Orchard just because it looks kinda cool on the Internet I saw while I was researching where to go. It's located at the top floor of Orchard Gateway. As expected, it was quiet HAHA but we still tried to take a few good pictures there with the shutter sound ringing in that silent place AHAHA. The place was beautiful honestly with all the white curvy shelves and the white background and furniture. It was aesthetically pleasing for me. 


    To end the first day, it has to be Gardens by the Bay just because I've been wanting to take hundreds of pictures there and YEAH WE DID! The place is a beauty and as you walk along the garden road, the nature just somehow amazes you with their greens and colorful flowers along each road. From red, pink, blue and yellow; it was magical for me. I felt like I was walking in a garden I watched in princess movies. It may sound exaggerating, but I don't care haha I really do feel good walking on those paths. We didn't manage to go to the Flower Dome and Cloud Forest but I bet I will next time I visit again heh.

    We walked till the night sky appears to watch a little of the Supertree color show from a higher level bridge connected to Marina Bay Sands and well, I took more pictures heh. We walked around Marina Bay Sands too and also watched the music fountain show and it was beautiful. AND as expected, Marina Bay Sands interior is wonderful and I can't help but take a picture of it (I wish I could've taken more but I was amazed by it to even take more picture). There's this beautiful chandelier that y'all should all go to see too especially family with kids. I saw lots of children play at the platform there under the giant chandelier and it melts my heart to see those kids smile so brightly.



2nd Day

     As a lover for cafe hopping, we went to try out a cafe in the morning on our second day. We went to Wakey Wakey Cafe located at The Concourse. The food was good! and they gave a generous amount of truffle fries which is good hahah but make sure you have a VERY big appetite to eat it because if you ordered a main each and that truffle fries for two person, you might not finish them all; it's filling.

Location of the cafe: 302 Beach Rd, 05 The Concourse, #01-04, Singapore 199600



    After our brunch (because we ain't much of a morning person), we actually went back to Marina Bay Sands to take a day picture of it. We also walked more and had ourselves tried out the Yole yoghurt. Well, it's actually similar to the llao llao we have here in Malaysia but it was still good since the weather was scorching hot and we wanted to have something that could cool us off (especially me who is not very good with hot weather, I prefer cold weather honestly). We then went around Garden by the Bay again to take a few day light portraits but it was too hot so we gave up after a few shots but there are certain nice ones so here it is:

    To those who loves pink, this is your place to go to because this MRT station is literally all in pastel pink. It's at RedHill MRT Station. You basically sit the green line of the MRT train which is the East West Line towards Tuas Link and you'll reach there eventually (I'll put a picture of the MRT stations map below with a red cube that I drew on it). After taking some decent pictures of my friend; Annabelle, we head back home to rest and it was almost evening so yea. I personally suggest you to go during the day because of it's natural light during the day that makes the pastel color stand out more.



3rd Day

    On the third day, we did not get to explore during the day because my friend had to go for a class so I just stayed home and took a few of her views from her flat. It was surprisingly good to look at for me, at the very least. Well, I've longed for an aesthetic feed (neutral colors and all) on Instagram but I guess it failed but here's my type of aesthetic - simple yet nice to see haha.
    In the evening, we went to Emerald Hill Road to take some early evening pictures and well, it was lovely. The place was what I would call it vintage with a modern view (you'll get what I mean when you see the picture that I've taken). Along each vintage shops, there were a few bars and some restaurants that I've yet to try it out so... until then! HAHAHA For this location, I suggest y'all to go around the early golden hour time or morning to have your picture taken at Emerald Hill just because I felt like the golden hour will make your picture look more aesthetic and beautiful. If morning, then your picture will obviously turn great since its natural lighting. We went there a little late so we eventually missed the golden hour but I was able to take the walkway how I wanted to. Here are some pictures that I've taken:




    As the dark sky returns, we set our journey all the way back to Marina Bay Sands again BUT trust me, it's not Marina Bay Sands again but it's Helix Bridge. I've did some research before going to Singapore and well, Helix Bridge was one of my list to go to. Helix Bridge is actually a pedestrian bridge that connects Marina Centre and Marina South (Location: Parallel to Bayfront Avenue). The architecture of the bridge is what attract tourists to visit because of the light that shines and reflects in a unique way (I'm not sure how to explain architectural stuff but you'll see it from the picture). ANYWAY, it was really cool and I did took a few shots of Singapore's city view (one of them is the first picture you saw in this post)
4th Day (last)

For my 4th day in Singapore (which is also the last), I had an evening flight so morning was our chance to visit Koon Seng Road where all the colorful vintage houses comes in. We had a lot of fun there as we walk house by house; enjoying every moment of its colors with our skin getting sun-kissed again by the scorching hot weather. We finally took a proper (kind of) photo together with my camera to commemorate my last day in Singapore and also before we resume to my study life and her work life. 



    I think that's all we did during our time. It was fun and of course, I would love to explore more of Singapore in the future. It might be an unorganized trip HAHAH but it was worth it because sometimes no planning allows us to create more fun and interesting memories and that's what I love most! :) I have loads of photos that I wanna upload here but then it will just drag the whole post longer so just go check it out on my Vscogrid here or Instagram here for more awesome photos!!! Till we meet, Singapore!! 

Summary of the places I went:
1. Library @ Orchard
2. Gardens by the Bay
3. Marina Bay Sands 
4. Wakey Wakey Cafe
5. RedHill MRT Station
6. Emerald Hill
7. Helix Bridge
8. Koon Seng Road

❤️
Sincerely, Shannon

No comments