A Self Reminder

"that beautiful moment when you know you don't need another human being to make you happy. you can make yourself happy."
- r.m. -



Hey y'all! :) It's finally the month of May and it's the start of a new semester for me and I do hope it'll go well this time around. Today, I decided to write a short yet simple self-reminder to myself and to Y'ALL out there who feels the same way as I do at certain situations so here ya go! ENJOY!

Have you ever felt like you needed everyone's opinions to feel assured? To the point where even if you like that particular thing but others said that it doesn't suit you so eventually you placed them at the back of your head and kept silent about it since? Or you were just doing something that you were having fun with BUT others just give random comments that you feel it brings you down a little? Well, I've been through them SO many times that I find it tiring honestly. It's tiring but you just get scared how others might think of you. I still have that fair amount of being too self-conscious about others' thoughts about me and I definitely hate myself for feeling that sometimes. 


However, no matter how many times we get so self-conscious about it; we should just do what we want, pick what we like, and be proud of ourselves that whenever there are people around us who says that doesn't suit us or whatnot; we disregarded it because WE know ourselves better than others know US. You are YOU. If you like that shirt and you think it suits you well, wear them! If you want to put on makeup before heading out of the house, put it on if it makes you feel more confident! ALWAYS wear things that makes you feel the most comfortable and confident in! :) 

That stupid self-consciousness? Ignore it; ALL of it. Don't ever worry about what others might think of you. Laugh it off if they say such stuff because if you like it, try them on yourself and see whether it suits yourself or not. If you yourself don't think it suits you, put them back BUT if it does, congrats! ;) Do remind yourself that your preferences differ from others; that's why if you like those jacket or hoodie and you think it suits you well, (and you can afford them of course) buy them! ;)


There are others who will always comment on what you are doing too and again, it's your own choice. My best friend and I actually talked about it recently, and I guess that's how I'm here sitting down typing out my thoughts on it. We share similar thoughts at times and I guess I just wanted to share how to overcome them like how my best friend and I did. We either ignore it or we just defend ourselves. Well, majority we ignore mean, negative comments from those all the time. But of course, there are times where self-consciousness and inferiority complex creeps in and takes over our mind. When those time comes, (if you can) try shake it off kay?

Of course, I'm not here trying to say to be SO proud of yourself okay? Be humble too. We humans need to be humble but at times we need to love ourselves by being a little proud of what we choose (especially choosing ourselves). Because if that action makes you love yourself more and it gives you confident; do it like you would never get that chance ever again. 


Sincerely, Shannon
xoxo

No comments