6 Instagrammable Places in Singapore

 "We take photos as a return ticket to a moment otherwise gone." 
- anonymous -



    As you all have known that I've visited Singapore early January and OF COURSE I never miss out on taking portrait of my pretty best friend at some of the most Instagrammable Places in Singapore HAHAHA. Before I start showing y'all her portraits that I've taken, I just wanna say THANK YOU and a BIG shoutout to Annabelle for being so patient while I keep on trying different angles of shooting her HAHAH. You're awesome Annabelle! :) love ya! xoxo

  ANYWAY, back to topic. Of course, I did some research and combine them with my own capabilities to take these shots so I can't say I'm a pro in any means. With the places I go to, I also did some multiple research before going, so I sincerely hope you enjoy this post as much as I do while writing these post.

Garden by the Bay

    Firstly, it's going to be obvious just because that's one of the main attractions that all bloggers and photographers go to when you wanna shoot portraits. From the Supertrees and the Flowers along the walkway and greenery that makes a great 'Nature' themed portrait, it's definitely one of the most Instagrammable places in Singapore to have your portraits taken at. If you have the chance, do go visit their Flower Dome and Cloud Forest too because it's pretty inside too! I have yet to go in BUT I sure will go in the next time I visit Singapore once more! 



Red Hill MRT Station

    This location is the most suitable for those who LOVES pink hahaha. Those who are neutral, you should go visit this insta-worthy place too just because it's a very unusual (at least for me) MRT station to have it painted in pastel pink. For girls who wants to have their portraits taken at Red Hill, I can say the portrait will definitely turn out to be 'girly' as how you want it to be. It's a wonderful location overall during the daylight since the pastel pink color brings themselves out the most during the day and in your pictures too.



Library @ Orchard Gateway

    This is the place for those who crave for a white themed feed on your Instagram because this place is all white (well, not the books of course) for you to have your portraits taken at. The white extends to its walls, shelves and furniture which is really cool and aesthetic for me personally. One thing that differentiates their library from others that I've visited so far is their curved book shelves which you can actually take a picture of it when you're on your way up to the second floor of the library. It catches your eye easily to want to take a picture of it somehow so go on ahead! JUST make sure your shutter sound is soft enough hahaha. If you're using your phone, make sure it's on silent mode because it's obvious for a library to be VERY QUIET sooo suit yourself y'all! 
Koon Seng Road

    OKAY!! If you're a fan of COLORFUL houses, this is the place to go to! It's filled with awesome colorful painting of the houses. From mint green, pastel blue, pastel yellow to even HOT pink; you name it!! There are actual people living there but it's okay to take a few shots of it. NO WORRIES! If your Instagram feed has a lot of colors; this is the place for you to have your portraits taken at. If you smile in your portrait at this location, I bet it will look even more cheerful and bright because of its' bright pastel colors! ;) For this location, I suggest you go in the morning or early afternoon just because you can see it's real colors with its' sun shining on them. Despite it's hot weather, I think it's worth the shot to hang in there for the gram HAHAHA.


Orchard Gateway's "The TUBE" link bridge

    THIS!! The TUBE is a link bridge to Orchard Gateway@Emerald. With a few research, it's actually the only bridge to cut across Orchard Road from Orchard Gateway. FYI, to get to Orchard Gateway, you can actually sit the MRT station to Somerset Station. Not many people realize it BUT well, I'm here to tell y'all that this bridge is LIT (literally). LIT with more colors too! HAHA Go in the evening or night because it only lights up during those time since it brings out more of the colors brightly. For my shots, I'm always inspired by Brandon Woelfel's photos and this is how I came out with - a (very) little of Brandon Woelfel's styles on the location and some of its' colors (I tried). The light at the ceiling changes so just take as much as you can and head back home to slowly choose your photos, don't rush them. 


MRT Train

    Not many would think that taking a photo in the train would look good BUT for me; I like challenging myself and Singapore's MRT train is one of them! You can go in the morning or maybe a little later at night to take your portraits in the train because that's when there are lesser passengers on the train and it's more comfortable for your model to pose too. I kinda like their MRT train's blue seats just because it matches my friend's outfit HAHA. ANYWAY, their dim lights also brings out a little of the 'old classics' so it kind of inspired me to edit the picture to a little more of the brown side to make it more 'old' and 'classic'. Here are some of the results and I hope you enjoy them! 

    That is ALL I have for y'all and I really do hope you love my pictures! Thanks to Annabelle once again for being my model for the whole time when I was in Singapore HAHAHA! ALSO, thanks for reading up till the end and SHARE them to your friends and family or photographers if you love this post!! THANK YOU!! 

Sincerely, Shannon

No comments