Afternoon Tea @ Orchid Conservatory, Majestic Hotel KL

" Life is like a cup of tea 
to be filled to the brim and enjoyed with friends"


Hey y'all! I'm back with another Afternoon Tea adventure! Well, this time it's a little more 'level-up' I would say just because it's probably one of the most expensive Afternoon Tea that I've went to so far. #brokemuch 

Well, it is worth it I guess. As a hospitality student, I thought I'd try what it feels like to be served with 'class' and to eat Afternoon Tea in a 5-star hotel which I once wanted to have my intern at but went to Langkawi instead. :') 

So the story started with one of my friend who never had High Tea before and wanted to try it for a very long time since. So my other friend who is a high tea LOVER (i would say) thought we should go for a 'proper' one which we think Majestic Hotel KL's Orchid Conservatory makes up the 'proper' afternoon tea we were looking for. The Afternoon Tea price is expensive but it varies. We went on a weekday so it's cheaper compared to weekends (and it's also less people which means I can take as many pictures as comfortable as I want HAHA).


Time: 3-6pm daily 
Venue: Majestic Hotel KL, lvl 2
Max Capacity: 15 pax

Price for Afternoon tea @ The Orchid Conservatory:
Weekdays: RM110 nett per adult
Weekends and Public Holidays: RM120 nett per adult

Well, the Orchid Conservatory is indeed the most expensive high tea in Majestic Hotel just because of it's semi 'private' space that you're going to have your afternoon tea at. Tip is, have your afternoon tea on weekdays because then you'll really have your so called 'private' and 'all-to-yourself' space in the Orchid Conservatory. Well, consider your luck I guess. But our luck was good that day HAHA so yea. 


The environment is as expected. With the professionally trained waiters and waitresses serving you and the peaceful and instagrammable environment in every corner since there's orchids in each corner and sides. The white table cloths shows its own elegance and the tea cups and pots that are really lookin' EXPENSIVE (well, to me it looks like that honestly) where you would normally see these teacup designs used in movies or shows only.

Firstly, we were given a mini box with little bottles in it which was filled with a few types of tea leaves they offer. The waiter told us we can open it up to smell it and choose which tea we want to drink. For me, I chose the Berry Blush Infusion while my two other friends chose the London Strand Earl Grey and the Rose Garden Black Tea. 


After that, they'll serve you the teapot with a small heater(?) at the bottom. I'm not very sure what's it called BUT its the 'thing' that helps your tea to keep warm which is really great unlike other afternoon tea I've tried. This is the best because then I didn't have to drink any 'cooled down' tea at all. I like my tea because it definitely gives off the berry scent which I love. My friends also loved their tea so yea you should choose either of them if you ever visit.



Overview
Here comes the real deal! The highlight of the afternoon tea in Majestic Hotel. The bite sized food that I personally love. Since our table is a not-so-big to fit three cake stands for afternoon tea, they decided to put two instead whereby one of them is actually the real 'per person' of what an individual will get & the other is combined but this time, they reduced some of what an individual would have and added some extra baked goods, desserts and savory food in it so we could get to try a variety of it instead of eating the same thing together. The left picture is the combined one and the right is the individual set.
First Tier
First Tier is the most bottom one of course where all the savoury food comes in. There were a variety of dainty finger sandwiches ranging from salmon, chicken I think, and another one I forgot what was it hahaha and for the combined set of two they added turkey sandwich with mustard drizzles and curry topped with a mini cherry tomato (I hope my explanation can let you imagine and identify which one I'm talking about lol). 

The salmon sandwich and the turkey sandwich was really good and I do recommend that you come with three or four person so you can try the turkey one is they ever give you the combined set like us. The others were good too but I would still say the salmon tops it all of.  



They also included an Asian twist in their afternoon tea where you can see the golden brown food (fried basically). It's basically three types; the fried chicken drumstick, the fried spring onions and idk what they mix it with together honestly (the one that looks like a messed up octopus shape) and the middle one is the dory fish (i think) nugget with a small tiny sauce drop. My fav was the friend spring onions one because they were decently 'light' for my taste buds and not the heavy(?) taste kind of feeling like the chicken and fish. For individual set, you can see it at their first tier. 
Well, you can see all the sandwiches on the first tier from the combined set. For the individual set, they put it on the first and second tier corners. 


Second Tier
Second tier is where my friend, Jia Ai feel most excited about because there's English Scones in it. They have two types of spread for you which is the fruit jam and the Cottage Cream which my friend loves a lot. It's really good. The scones were reasonable 'sized' and the way they are broken into half nicely when we split them into two is already a good sign. 

Oh! My friend, Jia Ai taught me how to REALLY eat scones so basically you don't 'cut' it but you 'break' it into half (top and bottom off) with your hands; not break the side like how you usually break normal buns and all. so yea. 

 - the end of high tea etiquette heh -

P.S. I didn't take a good second tier close up picture so this is what we have LOL.


Third Tier
For the last tier, it's where all the sweet tooth gets excited about, like me heh. All the delicious cakes ranging from the Chocolate, Red Velvet and the Fruit Cake are the standard of an individual set would have. The Mille Feuille Pastry with corn cream filling in between, mini Mandeleine and a mini sized Strawberry Vanilla Mousse (I think) is the extra food for the combined set of two person. 



Well, my favorite is the Chocolate obviously because it never goes wrong and the Mandeleine too. I personally love Mandeleine in general so it's a bonus for me to be able to eat them once in a while. Overall, all of them are really good! I kinda wish the Mille Feuille pastry had a different cream filling because I just personally don't fancy corn cream fillings. so yea! 


CONCLUSION, the environment and food is really good honestly. The orchid decorations leveled up the afternoon tea experience and I do recommend to people who wants to have the proper afternoon tea experience. Majestic Hotel KL definitely gives off the real 'afternoon tea' experience with its beautiful orchid garden and the natural lighting shining through the transparent walls. When you visit, be sure to wear your best and take lots of picture just because it might be that once in a lifetime moment for you (like us hehe). Bring a jacket or a cardigan because the conservatory is kinda chilly since they wanna keep the orchids fresh.



Until then;

Sincerely, Shannon
xoxo

3 comments

  1. I've been there and the place is really invigorating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Post.

    want Amazing Food Photography in London then you can contact with Miss Maini. Nowadays, many people are interested in Food Photography. Contact us.

    ReplyDelete