A Bigger Splash


    One crazy(?) fact about me; I don't swim. BUT why am I in Swimming Club KL? Well, ya'll already know I love taking photos and I'm working hard on my blog so I only went there for the Instagram posts heh. BUT not only that of course, I thought I'd try out their drinks and some snacks there and yea I did! :)
    ANYWAY, Swimming Club KL is located at the rooftop of 11th floor of KL Journal Hotel, Bukit Bintang and they have the most colorful rooftop I've seen so far! You'd see the neon sign that was lightning up 'The Swimming Club' when you reached the 11th floor and the bright pastel colored bar on your left and the beautiful 'blue' swimming pool with the floral printed pool chairs just kind of pulled up my motivation to start taking up my camera and shoot as much as I can. OH! Another fact is that they're quite new since they opened just last month in September (1st of Sept, to be exact). Every corner of the bar and pool chairs are like a perfect picture background for your Instagram literally!



    After researching a little with my informative friend (Google heh.), I found that the pool is a saltwater infinity pool so of course for those who would like to take a dip, FEEL FREE YA'LL! You can see a few parts of their walls are decorated with different designs of neon light signs and that's what I love - NEON LIGHTS. ;) They are open from 7am - 12am while the bar only opens at 12 noon to 12 midnight. Obviously, they are not air-conditioned LOL but it's quite a great place to hang out; just make sure you know how to estimate the time right if you're uncomfortable with the extreme heat of the sun or just make sure you wear something comfortable and 'summer' NOT 'winter'. 



    My friends and I ordered some drinks and as usual, I don't drink alcohol MUCH so I ordered a Tapping Tapir's Hibiscus and Lime juice and of course it's good lol. ANYWAY, my friends ordered a glass of 1664 and a Margarita. Well, of course it'd be nicer if the 1664 was a draft whereas the Margarita presentation was nice too! :) The taste? It was okay according to my friend haha. We only tried their sweet potato fries and all I can say is that I've tasted better sweet potato fries. I don't know but I guess it could be better just the time we were there weren't that good. We didn't try any other food BUT I think it would taste good just because I see reviews of the food were on the good mark so just go visit and try it out! ;)
    It's a short review because my friends and I didn't got to try more of their food and some of their other special drinks because we were too full when we went there and we are on a budget visiting LOL! ANYWAY, it's REALLY a nice place to have your photoshoots at with the pink background and neon signs, the floral motifs on the chairs, and the city view of KL! More photos below! sooo ENJOYYYY:


P.S. For more photos, visit my FB photography page here! OR you can visit my Instagram just my clicking on the social media icons OR visit my VSCOgrid by clicking at the VSCo button icon on your right! :)

Sincerely, Shannon

No comments