French Afternoon Tea @ Ladurée, Pavilion

"Tea time is a chance to slow down, pull back and appreciate our surroundings." 
- Letitia Baldrige - 


    Hey y'all! It's been awhile since I went to a decent afternoon tea with my besties BUT finally here's a decent one worth writing and sharing to y'all! Just few days ago, my friends and I went to have a 'self pampering' afternoon tea (on a budget too haha). We went to Ladurée at Pavilion, KL and well, I gotta say their pastries are lovely, and the ambiance is filled with elegant and classical vibes (definitely my cup of tea).

    Since it's an afternoon tea, we (3 of us if you're wondering) decided to go for the afternoon tea set for 2 pax (RM160) with an assortment of mini brioche, served with butter, honey and jam. They also provide options for you to choose 2 pastries desire, 2 macaron and ice cream scoop flavors. For beverage; 2 cups of Ladurée coffee, tea or hot chocolate of your choice (served with dark or milk chocolate biscuits at the side, they call it langue de chat), and choice of 1 glass of orange or grapefruit juice (freshly squeezed).

Our Selection
Pastry: Ispahan (Best Seller) & Fleur Noire
Macaron: Orange Blossom, Raspberry and Jardin Blue Royal (we added another macaron with addition of RM12) For Jardin Blue Royal you can find it on the Gourmands Tea section
Ice Cream: Pistachio & Rose Petals
Beverage
Tea: Spécial Ladurée Blend (2 cups)
Juice: Orange Juice
    First, we had their brioche and of course, it's soft and fluffy so it's good. For us, we got many types of spread LOL. From the classic butter, honey, strawberry jam to orange marmalade jam, it's your choice to be 'creative' with them on the two brioche they offer. If you ask me what's the top part of the brioche, I honestly can't answer it cause I too have no idea BUT I can say it tasted like those mini rock sugar candy so yea; that's my assumption of it.


    After that, we continue to dig in to the macarons and guess what?! IT WAS BOO-TIFULLY DÉLICIEUX! I honestly am not a real fan of VERY sweet macarons but the waiter recommended us macarons that aren't that sweet and he did good on it! :') My favorite take on the macaron is the Orange Blossom and the Jardin Bleu Royal one (the cream color and the blue color macaron if you're wondering which one isit). The Raspberry one was good too but those two are my ultimate favs! It's the 'balanced' sweet that I would go for for macarons and I do suggest you should try them if you go visit. :) At the side of the macaron, there are these flat chocolate biscuits (again, Idk what it's called lol) and it taste really good too!

    The last tier is the best part I would say since the pastries are big and they are best sellers soo I did expect them to taste good and result? It did reach my expectations of it. ;) The Ispahan (ori price: RM35) is the pink color pastry which is a bigger macaron, with spreads of rose petal cream on it, and is arranged and filled with raspberries and lychee as the filling. I personally love all things 'berry' so this is my favorite of all. I just like overall how its not too sweet for me and my friends and how the visual is so pretty and for me; I would call it 'french elegance in pink'.


    For the brown one, it's called Fleur Noire (ori price: RM35) which is a Sacher Biscuit (covered with chocolate and almond bits to make it crunchy), topped with cocoa beans feuilletine , 66% cocoa dark chocolate mousse and Vanilla Bourbon cream, glazed with bright chocolate and decorated with chocolate petals. It's a little on the chocolate-y side so for REAL chocolate lovers, this is for you! :) I really like the base since its crunchy and how the mousse smooths out the crunchiness in my taste palette creating a balanced texture. 
    Not forgetting the ICE CREAMS! We had the Pistachio (the pastel green color one) and the Rose Petals (the pink color one) flavored ice creams and it was really good too (ori price for 1 scoop of ice cream: RM15)! I personally love the Rose Petal one since it really gives off the rose scented smell which is pleasant to my nose. It does give of that aromatic scent to it so I do give it a thumbs up for that. The Pistachios I do like it even though I normally don't fancy having nuts in my ice cream in general but yea! I do recommend to select these two ice creams if you ever go for it.
    Lastly, orange juice is very classic so there's not much to explain LOL. It's already good as it is since it's freshly squeezed and for the tea; Spécial Laduree Blend (ori price: RM22), it really does give an aromatic scent and my friend, who is a tea lover, loves it too. Special Ladurée Blend is a black tea from China, containing citruses, flowers, light spices and vanilla. It's smooth to the buds and it's pleasant to the nose so I definitely recommend it! :)


    That's all I have to say for this afternoon high tea set for two! :) Overall, I feel it's so much better than the other one I've tried few months ago (Hilton for example, no offence but it's one of the reason I did not write about Hilton since it's not worth writing honestly). For Ladurée, I feel it's worth trying once because of the pastries that are really good and how the service is good too. :)

    Until the next Afternoon Tea adventure (if I can find some good ones that is), I hope you enjoyed this post and also! I have more exciting posts coming up so be sure to watch out for it! Be sure to share this post if you like 'em! Thanks!!


Sincerely, Shannon


P.S. I'm open for collaborations and sponsorship if you want me to write about you! :) Feel free to slide into my IG dm or email me at the contact. 

6 comments

  1. All-time my favorite desserts. Look very tempting, and that much more appealing and delicious!
    Would you like to follow each other? If the answer is yes, please follow me on my blog & I'll follow you back.

    http://www.okcheori.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very delicious indeed! I'd be glad to follow you back once you followed! :) xoxo

      Sincerely, Shannon
      shannonpsl.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. This looks heavenly! I need to visit one day!
    Happy Monday, babe!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't regret when you visit! Thanks for the compliment! xoxo

      Sincerely, Shannon
      shannonpsl.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It is lovely! :) xoxo Thanks for dropping by Jess!

      Sincerely, Shannon
      shannonpsl.blogspot.com

      Delete