My First Portrait Photoshoot (As Photographer)

"The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are." 
- Unknown -


    As some of you may know that when it comes to portrait photoshoots, I've ONLY shot portraits of my friends most of the time or just volunteer myself to join my university's orientation as a photographer. BUT this time it's different because I finally stepped out of my little usual photoshoot activity and went on with taking a slight risk to shoot with a stranger I met on The HUB app.



    The HUB? Okay, let me break it down to ya'll who doesn't knows about The HUB app - It is an app where it helps photographers and models (or any makeup stylists, stylists or videographers) connect and collaborate to create interesting content. They also connect brands and agencies to the most active community of creators in the country. Well, some of you might have think it's dangerous but don't sweat it! This app is kind of 'strict' as I would say because when I registered on The HUB as a photographer, I had to wait for an approval from them for me to create an account (to see whether I'm eligible and worth to be accepted as a photographer). Well, I'm not sure about others but that's what I had to go through when creating an account at The HUB app. SO YEA! The HUB app is only available on Apple.


    See the photo above? Well, that's Naomi Ueda! :) We met on The HUB and that's how it goes. We set a date and shared what kind of theme we should try shooting and I had the privilege to choose the photoshoot location and it was at Bukit Bintang! YAYERS! We had an absolute fun time together walking around while sharing a little by little about ourselves as I take photos of her! :) It was a first for me to shoot someone I met on The HUB and also someone whom I never met before though it sounds kind of risky but no worries! I took precaution heh.

    She's a REALLY nice, chilled, relaxed girl and I kind of love how we have some things in common. :) It was awesome to experience my first 'real' photoshoot with someone like her and I couldn't have asked for more! Sooo, here are some of my favorite shots and I hope you enjoy as much as I do! :) I'll list down the location at each photo above so you guys can have an idea where it was taken at! :)

PS. I am no means a 'professional' photographer of any sort but instead; I just love photography and I do it as a hobby during times when I feel inspired and motivated & many other times where I think my 'views' would make a great picture. :)

Location: Outside Pavilion (near the zebra crossing), Bukit Bintang

Location: Sephora, Bukit Bintang cause most girls love makeup so... ;)


Location: Outside Greyhound Cafe, Bukit Bintang

Location: 7-Eleven, Bukit Bintang

Location: Beside Starbucks; the place where the man sells bubble guns LOL


Location: Pavilion Stairs (At the Main Entrance)


Location: Some electric container (idk what's the real term for it soo... ) that's been sprayed with art outside Pavilion ;) Try to go look closely around your surroundings and you'll find this. hehehe

    That's all I have for ya'll! :) For more photos, you can slowly wait and check it out at my VSCO here OR you can wait for pictures to be published on my FB page here (do like the page if you're at it heh.)

No comments