"Why do I live?"

"God gave you this life because He knew you were strong enough to live it."


This post is dedicated to myself and those who are having a hard time living life. It's a short reflection but it means a lot. More words don't mean it has more meaning; it's how you 'word' them that creates the meaning of what you want to portray.

"Why do I live?" 

    We often ask ourselves that question right? We only knew how to survive just to be alive but we had no idea why are we struggling to live a life in a society that's so cruel and messed up, a place so big that somehow and sometimes it made us felt small and defeated. We tend to feel so small and fragile and after for a while, DEPRESSION, ANXIOUSNESS & FEAR comes into the picture in our lives. But.. WHY? Why are we living a life that some people might just call it 'robot' or 'systematic' life? I don't know about you but I had these thoughts running through my mind from time to time. IRONIC huh?
    But I kind of realized something; something that's much more important and meaningful than that annoying little question that haunts us and made us depressed for a short period time or maybe even longer for some cases. I know we are curious and we ask why a lot BUT this time it's not the case. It's not about the Whys' but it's about the Hows'.

"How do I want to live?"

    Living a life that has no management is what every youth wants to live right? Well, most I guess; at least for me. Just living the life vibrantly, freely and not having a care in all aspects of life from politic, academic, dramas, and maybe even to rules and discipline. Well, I mean I'm not telling ya'll to skip school and 'diss' the politics or expel the rules but I'm just saying that we crave for freedom and a vibrant, active life that we can enjoy to. Not the boring life where we had to go for the 9-5 work or just the different time class schedules that we have to wake up to and wait for hours for the next class. Well, you know what I mean so let's move along.

    I've realized that "Why do I live?" doesn't come first in our life's deepest thoughts but instead, "How do I want to live?" comes first. When you know how YOU want to live; you'll eventually know why you live and to some; who do you live for?

    Just take it easy and live a life that's meaningful to YOU & ONLY YOU. Don't look at the past even though it may be hard to do it (even me). I know it's hard to handle BUT it's okay to take a long time to recover and heal those wounds. It may take a long long time to get rid of that habit but we'll heal someway and somehow. So just chill, sit back and relax, enjoy the present as you discover your perfect answer along the way.

Sincerely, Shannon

No comments