Café Hops in M'sia 3.0 (PJ edn.)

 "There is no sincere love than the love of food."
- George Bernard Shaw -


    It's been a tough and rough month for me during the middle and end of July to be honest. I almost lost my passion for everything especially in writing but with the help of my closest friends and family; I was able to piece my life back together bit by bit again somehow and someway or another. Be it having to dwell a little on my past favorite moments to make myself smile & comfort myself a little and not be sad or just trying to put on a fake smile in front of everyone so they wouldn't worry about me too much. To tell you the truth, I'm still struggling & I bet it will take quite awhile for me to lose the pain BUT "It's okay, I'll be fine.", "Maybe it's just not the right time", "Let's wait for the right time then" is what I tell myself every single day and night with a naive hope that I carry in my heart in order for me to live now.
    This post is dedicated to my closest friends (you know who you are) who actually brought me out to explore more cafes and clear my mind off along the way. So here I am; slowly gaining myself back up. Oh! You might be thinking, the title and this introduction doesn't seem to relate right? Fear not cause it's here now. I'm just sharing how this post was created.

    My friends & I had another Cafe Hopping adventure again on our class-free day so this is Cafe Hop 3.0. These cafes that I'm about to share is all around Petaling Jaya (PJ) ONLY for your information. We went to 4 different places to discover more new food and we definitely spent our "girls' time" together well over some spectacular food. So here they are:

Omulab
7, Jalan 17/45, Seksyen 17, 46400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor

    Just by hearing the name of the cafe you might already got a hint it's all about omelettes and yes it is. :) Located at Seksyen 17, Petaling Jaya, it opens at 10.30am - 9.30pm but make sure to come earlier (best before 12 noon) if you're going to go on a weekend just because it'll definitely be very crowded! The food that my friends and I had tried were really おいしい (Oishi) which means 'Delicious' in Japanese if you don't know. ANYWAY, the omelette was really rich in texture of creaminess and it goes really well with the sauce and the rice together if you put all three of the main element (omelette, rice & the sauce) together in your mouth. The environment was really comfortable to be chilling and having lunch with friends at and the toilet was clean (I just have to state that haha). We ordered the Mentaiko Guru Omurice and it was LOVELY and CREAMY! Just feeling how the creamy omelette melts in your mouth and the rice and sauce that accompanies the omelette... Yum!

Tip: If you wanna order any of the omelette rice, make sure to share it with somebody just because the creamy texture of the omelette and the rice underneath the omelette will make you feel really full after just eating half of it or maybe less than half of it (that's if you are a small eater).
Random Food Store 
9, Jalan SS21/37, Damansara Utama, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor

    This cafe has been going through on my mind recently ever since I got to know the existence of Jane Chuck (LOL). So here we are! Located at Damansara Utama, Petaling JayaRandom Food Store is just 9 minutes away from Omulab if you'd like to believe the estimations given by Google Maps haha. It opens at 9am - 11pm. The place encourages more interactions in my opinion when I observe how the there were only one long table in the table that fills the whole store and chairs placed one by one along the table. It's a creative idea if I were to give a comment on the interior design. The food was okay I guess. The French Toast and the Burger (Mac Daddy) we had ordered was decent and the drinks was lovely especially the 'Firefly' drink! Out of all the things we've ordered, I kind of like the Firefly drink best just because it was refreshing and worth looking at the colors of the drinks. My friends said the burger is nice too so go try try! heh. Overall, I guess it is worth the go for once in a lifetime to experience the long table HAHA and the drinks of course! You'll see the pictures below:



Dal.komm Coffee
Jalan SS 21/37, Damansara Utama, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor

   Dal.komm Coffee is famous for their Bingsu and obviously we tried it! (The cheapest bingsu we saw lol, since we are not employees but students and we need to save up money.) It opens at 8am - 12am! It's only a few minutes walk away from Random Food Store so.. WORTH A TRY TOO YA'LL HAHAHA. If you ever feel sad or in pain, please go to Dal.komm and order yourself a bingsu to share with your girls or guy friends cause sweetness can comfort you a little honestly and it's kind of big; that's why - sharing is caring. There are other stuff on the menu but we only tried the Grapefruit Bingsu and if you LOVE sour, this is your go-to bingsu but for us; we're just okay with it. We should've gotten the Chocolate Lava Bingsu but oh well, may the next bingsu adventure comes! ;) Also, there are other places to try Dal.komm Coffee so just search it up on the internet and you can go for the nearest ones!

Bean Brothers
Jalan PJU 3/50, Sunway Damansara, 47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor

    The last stop of our cafe hopping 3.0 is the famous Bean Brothers located at Sunway Damansara, Petaling Jaya. Opening at 8.30am in the morning and closes at 8pm, this cafe was recommended by one of my best friend, Jia Ai and I guess it was worth a visit! :) The place is tall and big; basically SPACIOUS! Every corner is worth taking a picture of in my opinion. We observed lots of youngsters go there to do their work and assignments there and IT IS a cafe that is suitable to place your laptop on any table and start doing your work while having a cup of coffee beside you to take a sip from if you're feeling tired or thirsty heh. The place is REALLY comfortable and can be a go-to place for couples or friends to go hang out at together too. The food? I can't say it in overall because I didn't really tried much since we were full from the 3 cafes we went before this but I know the Salted Egg Pasta was decent and the classic Early Grey Tea was decent too. I ordered Paris Tea; it has an aroma of vanilla and I guess; it's pleasing to the nose and satisfying hehehe. I love it honestly and plan to order that again if I ever visit that place again for a drink! Oh! the Steak Fries is really good too if you want to snack on something light! Soooo, go visit Bean Brothers cause its' worth it! Trust me ;)



    It is the end of my cafe hopping adventure for now and I'm hoping the next adventure will come soon as I continue to write more cafe recommendations for ya'll in the future! ;) I sincerely thank those who reads my blog up till here and have read my other blog posts too because it really gives me the motivation to write more when any of ya'll reads it word by word. :) I hope the upcoming month (August) will treat me well enough somehow and not forgetting your August month will treat YOU good too! I hope it will be a peaceful month as I catch up with my finals and also look forward to my semester break WOOTSIF you have any other cafe recommendations that you think I should go to in Malaysia; comment down below or any social media platform available that I've shared this post at! xoxo 

Sincerely, Shannon

No comments