Café Hops in M'sia 4.0

"I like adventures, and I'm going to find some." 
- Louisa May Alcott -


    How are ya'll doin' these days? Well, I guess I'm both happy and sad at the same time. :) Happy cause I've been keeping myself busy and its' a FIRST for me to have my sem break filled with more than five events and meet ups with my friends! However, sad cause happiness won't last forever as I try my best to look forward to the start of my new sem. There's a random selfie of myself treating it as an OOTD above (the worst #ootd I bet HAHAH) cause... why not? ;)
    Well, back to the title. I finally got to have another cafe hopping with a new close friend! It was fun as we talked a lot about life and food especially beverages. I really am a fan of discovering new beverages I've never tried before and guess what?! WE DID!! My friend and I went to 3 cafes and two of them have interesting beverages that are worth mentioning later & one of them have one of the best brownies and mousse cakes I've ever eaten. So here are my TOP 3 cafes of the month: 

The Mechanic Cafe 
Location: No 135-1A and 135-1B, Jalan Dataran Cheras 8, Dataran Perniagaan Cheras, Belakong, Cheras, Selangor, 43200
Time: Opens at 11am, Closes at 10pm (except Friday & Saturday at 12am)


    The Mechanic Cafe was actually recommended by my friend and now it's my turn to recommend to all ya'll readers because it is worth visiting! :) Mechanic Cafe portrays a good definition of minimalism and as a person who loves simple furniture and minimal color mixes, Mechanic Cafe meets my expectations. Their ambiance are what I would call it - peaceful and satisfying to spend your afternoon sippin' on your favorite coffee and catching up with your long time friend whom you can finally meet up. I like how the sofas looks so comfortable to sit in and how the big glass walls allows natural lighting to refract through the cafe. It's also satisfying to see how organized they are with their product placing and equipment placing in the cafe at each and every corner without fail. Overall, it's really perfect! :)

    Food? IT IS SPLENDID! They had a promotion for Merdeka Day where if we ordered the Pork Satay, we get 10% discount on every dish we ordered so we did ordered HAHAHA. Oh! Oh! This is the cafe that opened my eyes to a new variety for my love for Mocha. The beverages they served amazes me and I can't believe how it combines it so well! :) The food we ordered was Pork Bolognese and Salmon & Avocado Breakfast and it smells soo good! For the beverage, my friend ordered the Bentong Ginger Latte and it tasted really good for him and for me; I ordered the Lychee Mocha and it was LOVELY! Let's just skip the long explanation and enjoy the pictures: 

First picture: Pork Bolognese (Minced Pork, Homemade Tomato Sauce & Parsley) RM18
Second picture: Pork Satay (Marinated Pork Satay with Peanut Sauce) I forgot the price HAHAHA
Third picture: Salmon & Avocado Breakfast (Scrambled Egg/Sunny-Side Up, Toast, Avocado, Salmon & Salad) RM26


First picture: Lychee Mocha (hot) RM14 
Second picture: Bentong Ginger Latte (hot) RM12

    I don't know about ya'll but this cafe is probably the BEST minimalist cafe that I've been to besides Wild Sheep Chase cafe and some other cafe which I've yet to visit but YEA! HAHAHA Just by how the natural light shines through the interiors is already good enough to attract me to come here since I'm a sucker for natural lighting when it comes to photography! ;)


Three Journey Cafe
Location: 153A-G Jalan Dataran Cheras 9 Cheras Traders Square Belakong, 43200 Cheras 9 Miles, Selangor
Time: Opens at 11am, Closes at 10pm (except Friday & Saturday at 11pm) *Monday CLOSE


    As you walk in, it is the dim yet cozy feels that creates in one's mind (I'm not very sure how to explain it but if you understood; good for you!). The sofa you see right when you step into the shop already makes you feel like home, but as you walk a few more steps in to the cafe; 'vintage' is the word to describe the environment at the cashier counter where the dried ferns & lavenders and a vintage radio that was placed as a decoration for the cafe. ANYWAY, the place is small at some point but it's enough for us to walk through here and there so it's all good! :) The cake stands that were at the counter also attracted me cause yea.. I love desserts :')

    At Three Journey Cafe, I can say they are famous for their Unique Glaze Frozen Passion Fruit Yogurt Mousse Cake where you can choose between Galaxy or Unicorn Glaze theme and then pour the glaze over the mousse cake on your own which is FUN! HAHAHA. Also, their brownie is legit L-O-V-E! They also serve the brownie with a side of a Blossom Soft Serve with a cone on top of it which is pleasant to the taste buds cause it's light, fragile & different in a good refreshing way, as I would describe what it feels like HAHAHA. The plating just makes you feel like you're drawn into a world of rainbows and sweets and it's like every little girl's dream to be in that world (well, at least for me haha). Here are the pictures I took: 

    The Before & After of the Unique Glaze (Galaxy Glaze Themed)
PS. The white smokey thingy is actually a mixture of water and dry ice which creates a magical mist like this and also helps the mousse cake to freeze properly I guess (to make it not as soft like any other mousse cakes, since they wrote it frozen so.. YEA), cool right? ;) 


Left picture: Chocolate Brownie (Homemade Brownie served with signature Blossom soft serve) RM16.90 
Right picture: Unique Glaze 'Create Your Own', Theme: Galazy/Unicorn, (Frozen Passion Fruit Yogurt Mousse Cake coated with your customized Mirror Glaze) RM17.90 
Stage Cafe 
Location: 2-1, Jalan Temenggung 29/9, Bandar Mahkota Cheras, 43200 Kajang, Selangor
Time: Opens at 9am-7pm on Mon, Wed, & Thurs; 11am-11pm on Fri & Sat; 10am-10pm on Sun; *Tuesday CLOSED


    As for our last stop, we decided to visit Stage Cafe & is probably one of the cafes that is able to surprise you with their beverages without fail just because they did surprised my friend and I. Their interiors are so symmetrical yet simple and beautiful with their hexagon shape logo along with the floor tiles that actually makes their cafe as 'one united' with their logo. The light colored wooden designs on some parts of their interiors and furniture actually brings out the brightness and 'simple yet beautiful' phrase to the cafe and it is a good thing because sometimes too much can only make it a disaster. ;) 



    My friend and I did not try any of their food but my friend did try the Cheese Cake (above picture) which he said it was lovely and smooth like tofu and it REALLY does looks like those white tofu you order at a Chinese restaurant. For the beverages, I ordered the Rosemary Hot Chocolate where at first I couldn't taste the rosemary but my friend called me to try not to drink it straight in to it but let the liquid stay in my mouth for a few seconds and TADAH; I tasted the Rosemary at some point and somewhere in my mouth. The taste of rosemary in the hot chocolate is very fragile and faint but I kind of understood why it's fragile where if you put more rosemary, it might empower the hot chocolate and it will not be balanced anymore (more rosemary leads to less chocolate taste and aroma) if I were to explain it in a simpler way. ANYWAY, overall the Rosemary Hot Chocolate is GREAT as long as you try to focus on it when consuming it only then you'll find the delightful differences of the Rosemary Hot Chocolate compared to any other normal Hot Chocs! :) 

    For my friend, he ordered the Chocolate Beauty? and you might be thinking this drink should be hot BUT turns out; it's cold and it literally doesn't looks like a chocolate drink despite how it kind of tasted a bit like chocolate when my friend tried it. It has this big cherry tomato on top and for the liquid; its actually Soda Water and a part of the Cold Brewed Cacao Nibs that combines together to form an ombré color to the drink. COOL huh? Well, it's hard to imagine so here's the picture of it and prepare to be amazed by it (LOL)

PS. No wonder it has a question mark for the name of the drink ;) 'Chocolate Beauty?'


Left picture: Chocolate Beauty? (Abundant of antioxidants. It tastes like chocolate but does not look like chocolate. A pleasant surprise!) RM18
Right picture: Rosemary Hot Chocolate (Hot Chocolate infused with fresh rosemary) RM15

    SOOOOOO, that is all I have for you guys for my Cafe Hop 4.0. I do hope one day I'll be able to explore more cafes! Do recommend more new cafes that I should try out in Kuala Lumpur in the comments below or any social media accounts available! :) I hope you enjoy reading it up till here and also enjoy being fascinated by the photography taken by me hehehe! Thanks for reading all my blog posts up till now and be sure to continue give me some love & support towards my blog as I continue to post more interesting things up here! For more live updates, do follow my available social medias! THANK YOU!! xoxo

Sincerely, Shannon

No comments