A French Indulgence

    "The smell of freshly baked pastries, friendly waiters & a lovely indulgence with a close friend of yours are what makes the day satisfying." 


    Well, here's a picture of me (taken by Jia Ai, xoxo) trying to pretend being candid with a messy hair while sipping on my Raspberry Lemonade drink. It was one of the most 'refreshing' shots that my friend had taken of me (if you get my pun. pfft.).
    ANYWAY, it was yesterday where my friend and I decided to try out this Brasserie Fritz restaurant located at Ground Floor of WOLO, Bukit Bintang and according to the world of Internet, they serve new french cuisines to us customers and diners. Its’ price range? Well, some might understand just by reading the title again hahaha. Basically, it's a place of indulgence filled with hearty meals to enjoy, sweetness overloading desserts to sweeten your taste buds and not forgetting the freshly baked pastries that tempts you once you take your first step into the restaurant. For me, their desserts tasted the best so if you're lacking of sweetness and you want to indulge, go to Brasserie Fritz and refill them so you can come out as sweet as ever! 


    Since it was for indulging purposes, my friend and I ordered one appetizer from their Little Plates menu, one main course and two desserts with two drinks of our own choice. It was a lovely combination if I want to describe our choice of food; from being able to savor our appetizer and main dish to having our dessert cravings fixed. So here are some photos of our food taken from my iPhone (cause I didn't bring my camera.) and I'll explain my point of view for each dish that we've ordered so please do read until the end. ;) THANKS

    As always, appetizers comes first and as requested by my friend, Jia Ai, we had the Escargot & Prawn Risotto. At first sight, the green color looking sauce (its shaved fennel btw) had me become reluctant to try it but as soon as my friend was persuading me to try it while having her face filled with the word 'assurance', I tried it obviously and well; it was surprisingly decent. For those who likes to eat Escargots; you are welcome to order this HAHA, like my friend. The white thin strips are actually pickled onions if you are curious what was it while looking at the picture. ;)

Escargot & Prawn Risotto (RM26)
    If you're looking at my next photo (below), that was our main course; named "Spring Chicken". Speaking of spring, it just ended (in other foreign countries, not Malaysia HAHA) and here we are recalling our so-called 'Spring' vibes despite its all summer here in Malaysia. It's actually Roast Fermented Chicken after reading the description from the menu when we started to wonder what we were eating just because we got confused of what were the accompaniments and such. For the sauce, its chicken veluote (after reading the menu description again) and it's delicieux!! Well, normally people would love the chicken but my friend and I were loving the savory sauce; just to put it out there HAHA. However, the chicken was a little burnt(?) just because the wing part was kind of black (well, we're not sure whether because its fermented or burnt so...) but yeahh I think its burnt. ANYWAY, for the main course, I think ya'll should order other than the Spring Chicken just because I felt like there are others that were much more worth trying than the Spring Chicken we had. So yeaa. ;)

Spring Chicken (RM58)
Here's a Flatlay picture with the two dishes I mentioned earlier.
    That was all for the savory dishes and here comes the desserts that was really scrumptious! The first of course would be my favorite dessert pick out of the two which was the "Chocolate Ganache Meringue". For those who are a fan of bittersweet dark chocolate; this would be your go-to dessert in Brasserie Fritz because as stated from the menu description, the Ganache is made with 75% Guanaja chocolate and for me; it was satisfying! Also, as a person who loves 'little things' more than the main character of anything itself, I really loved the garnishes that was in it. :) The caramel colored candied nuts made the color of the dish popped out more and also the Jivara Chocolate Aerobar that was cut into pieces and was decorated around the plate; it was AWESOME as how it actually balances its flavors especially with the bitterness of the Ganache. ;) And the white pieces that was decorated beautifully on top of the fresh Chantilly Cream? (that's what the cream is called). They are the crunchy meringue that melts in your mouth once you put it in, YUM! To put it short, I HIGHLY recommend the Chocolate Ganache Meringue!

Chocolate Ganache Meringue (RM25)
Side view of the Chocolate Ganache Meringue
    Last but not least, this is for the ones who loves ice cream and pink! HAHA Its' called "Peach Melba" where poached fresh peaches were hidden underneath the Chantilly Cream at the center, Vanilla Ice Cream on the left and Strawberry Ice Cream on the right with drizzles and sprinkles of the Raspberry Coulis and Almond Tuile (I read the description for this too. heh). ;) It's under the 'Les Coupes Classic Ice Cream' dessert menu list if you wanna find it. It's also stated that it is big enough to share in the menu so if you want it, have a friend with you to share it with. :) I love how the peaches were hidden as it gives customers a little pop of surprise when they dig into it and I also love how the the Raspberry Coulis goes well with the Strawberry Ice Cream; well, berries together makes it the merrier! ;) heh. Its' a dessert where one could enjoy indulging on a very hot day so I recommend it too (but the Ganache is still a first hehe.).

Peach Melba (RM28)
Side view of the Peach Melba
Flatlay version of both of the desserts 
    As you can see, I have put extra pictures for the desserts (side view shots of it) because I'm a sweet tooth and I can't deny it. ;) Anyway, putting all that aside, the place is seriously satisfying and 'Parisian' if I would say it through experience and it is worth trying for once in your lifetime or whenever you want to indulge on something a little more extra. FYI, they have High-Tea from 3pm-6pm daily which costs RM55+ nett per person and reservations are needed to be made before you come. :) Here's a picture of my friend and my favorite Raspberry Lemonade to end it:

My friend, Jia Ai aka Nasty aka weirdo aka chic woman LOL
Belvoir's Raspberry Lemonade (RM15)
PS: This is not sponsored or anything. And if I ever get the chance to try their High-Tea, I'll definitely blog about it so yea! ;) Thanks for reading!

Sincerely, Shannon

No comments