When in Malacca

    It was in the month of May where my friends and I decided its time that we'd go on a trip just ourselves to enjoy before we take our next BIG step in our career paths. We would suggest different places to go to from Cameron Highlands, Genting Highlands to Penang. As a result, we chose MALACCA! Why you ask? Well, apparently one of my friends involved named Jia Ai did her 4 months internship in Malacca and this came up as a conclusion that it's easier to walk around having a friend who was familiar with the streets there. So we made our decision and started planning our itinerary for our trips and also scrolling on AirBnB to find the most affordable stay-inns that we could find. We planned a 3 days 2 nights to Malacca and that's when our exciting trip goes:

1. Photoshoot in Malacca Streets
    As a lover for photography, of course I would bring my favorite camera to shoot as much as I can wherever I go to. I tried my best to capture what I think attracted my eyes and also the foods and streets in Malacca such as the famous Jonker Streets where all the delicious foods and colorful streets are there. Other than having my visions focused on food and scenery, portraits are what I love most and you guessed it right! I just held onto my camera; having my index finger placed on to the shutter button and took lots of pictures of my friends as if I was some professional photographer having a photoshoot at a chosen location with the models and here are some pictures that I took of my friends and some strangers:
This picture was taken inside Jonker Street; I'm not very sure where is it specifically but it's quite near to the Baba Nyonya Museum. I felt the circle shape was cute as my friend was also standing there, it felt like a picture frame to me. The only thing different was the frame was in a shape of a circle. 
This picture was taken along the streets in Jonker and originally, I took a picture that has her hand pointing towards something but then I felt it wasn't that nice so me and Jia Ai went back to the same location to shoot again while the others were at the cafe chilling and that is how this picture came about. hahaha
Just a random stranger who was taking a picture for her friends HAHAHA It looks pretty to me because of how the wind blew her dress to the back a little.
Another picture of Jia Ai at Color Street looking chic as always with her sunglasses HAHA. So you get how I felt like I was having a professional photoshoot going on? ;)

2. EAT & EAT & EAT!
    I'm assuming everybody in Malaysia knows that food is what we always crave for right? Just like me and my friends when we were figuring where to go to in Malacca and to our realization; most of our location we had in mind was mostly on FOOD and some cafes that we wanted to visit (mostly me HAHAHA). We literally had more food places than museums and attractions places listed in our itinerary and the outcome was; we never felt hungry AT ALL (well maybe sometimes.. in the middle of the night.) Despite being hungry in the middle of the night, we would figure out ways to overcome our hunger and it was just by having cup noodles we bought before coming to Malacca HAHA. Anyway, from the Chicken Rice Balls, Durian puffs, Baba Nyonya Assam Laksa to my all time favorite cafe foods; we enjoyed all of them and of course going back to the first thing I did in Malacca, CAMERA EAT FIRST!

This is the Baba Nyonya Assam Laksa I was mentioning about. The shop name is called Jonker 88 which is located in the streets of Jonker Streets. This dish is called the Special Jumbo Baba Laksa Kahwin Nyonya Asam Laksa and I highly recommend this out of the other Laksas' variety they have.
The kitchen where they finalize the touches of combining every prepped ingredients of the laksa.
This is 'Cendol' as a Malaysian would call it. BUT this is slightly different because this particular store that we went to (called the 'Cendol Jam Besar Melaka) had different varieties of cendols and one of their famous ones were the Durian Cendol. So if you want to try it, feel free to experience the combination of Cendol + Durian ;)
This is the cooling Coconut Shake just because its HOT in Malacca and having a shake or two is the best! If you want to know where this drink is, just look at the background of the picture and you'll know what is the name of the store called. heh OR you can go to read up my new post after this for more info ;)
This is the weirdest combination for me but it tasted good unexpectedly; its called the Cheesy Meehoon. YES PEEPS, its CHEESE hahaha. Its located at Restaurant Aunty Fatso. I ain't going to write much about this just because I am kind of at a loss of words for this food we tried HAHA but its good trust me. Ya'll have to try this once in a lifetime to experience what is the taste of these two combination. 
You can find this dish in The Daily Fix cafe located in the streets of Jonker too. The place is definitely awesome I have to say, NO words can describe my love for this place HAHA. I will go for a second time if I have the chance to visit Malacca again. To know more about Daily Fix, you can also read up on my upcoming post about my favorite go-to cafes in Malacca.
Ya'll might be thinking why a picture of rice balls BUT let me tell you this people, everyone should try Chicken Rice Balls at least once instead of having your normal pyramid rice or normal bowl-ed rice because it is a different feel even though its just RICE. You can find this along Jonker Street too. I saw there were two chicken rice balls shops so its your choice haha.
 3. The VIEWS of course!
    Malacca views are basically more to a mix of vintage and modern to my observation where you would see modern shops but also stumble upon vintage wooden shops if you explore more in Jonker Street. Try going during the daylight and also during the dusk hours, the scenery is really pretty! :) Not only that, the designs of each shops are really unique where each of them kind of showed a little of themselves where they would make themselves much more distinct than the other shops and that's what makes them special and different and we all love it too! hehehe. Most of all, looking at beautiful views are the best just because it may calm your state of mind from all the hectic schedules and stress you got from your works too! ;) Here are some photos that I've shot and am really proud of it HAHA:

Some Street Art which kind of caught my attention so I took a shot of it :)
Taken on a Bridge of Jonker Street connected to the Red House.
The boats reminded me of how nice it was to have the wind brushes through your hair and face.
The dusk hour shots of Jonker Street. Lovely isn't it? ;)
   That's all I have for you all and watch out for the next blog which will be about cafes in Malacca. ;) For more pictures, you can visit my Instagram (@shannonpsl) for more updated photos of Malacca OR you can visit my Vscogrid just by pressing the left corner of the function button or you can just click here
Thanks for the reading! :)

Sincerely, Shannon.

No comments