Café Hops in Malacca

    All of you might already know that I'm a lover for cafe hopping and on my previous post I have already written about my trip to Malacca with my friends and if you haven't read it... What are you waiting for? go read that now and then only come back here HAHAHA. Anyway, Malacca also have some famous cafes that are worth visiting instead of just going to the same cafes in KL right? My friends and I decided to visit some of them too and it was awesome, lovely and delicious of course! ;)
1. The Daily Fix 
    The Daily Fix cafe has to be the top of my bucket list if I ever visit Malacca again just because of its lovely ambiance and also the food that were really pleasing and delicate to enjoy with friends. It is located at Jonker Street. They have the most delicious food especially my order which was the Oven Baked Smoked Duck Breast! The duck was juicy and you could feel its delicate texture of it when it goes into your mouth. Make sure to reach there as early as you can just because there's a lot of customers and you need to wait in line for your turn which will be around 15-20 minutes or so; at least that's the duration we got while waiting for our names to get called up. Their interiors were a mix of vintage and modern (mostly vintage vibes) and its really pretty and unique about how they actually decorate their vintage equipment and furniture each and every corner; up and down the cafe. There were other dishes that were really good too like the Carbonara, Pancakes and the Smoked Duck Spaghetti Agli Olio so you should try it out too. If you ever felt like organizing a small event or function for celebration or just a gathering, feel free to do so as they provide those kinds of services too. The price ranges from RM11 - 30 for the main courses (as I would call it the normal cafe pricing) but it is worth a try, TRUST ME. 

This is the Oven Baked Smoked Duck Breast. RM23.90.


2. Backlane Coffee 
    Backlance Coffee is located at the Jonker Street too and I have to say, they have the best back lane ever! HAHAHA I love how they put more modern touches with a little a bit of 'hipster'(?) into the cafe theme. Their food? Backlane Nachos is a must-try in my opinion just because its not just nachos they are giving but there's minced chicken and cheddar cheese melted in it! YUMMY ;) You can also try their coffee too, it's nice where you can also actually smell the aroma of it too. Their cafe is spacious I can say and they have couches for those who prefer sitting a little lower than the normal tables and to add it up, its comfy of course heh. Not only that, if you are the type who loves to Instagram, this place is also another 'Instagrammable' location for you other than Daily Fix. Go to their backlane and have a photo shoot to change your current profile picture heheh.

The small bowl is the Backlane Nachos and the one beside it is the Smoked Duck and Green Apple Pizza. IT'S SCRUMPTIOUS!





3. Bikini Toppings 

    Bikini Toppings can be said as the local shop for desserts where they serve delicious coconut jelly and coconut shakes. Located at the Color Street, Bikini Toppings is the place to go to on a very hot weather where you're sweating buckets or you just want to have some little dessert halfway exploring Jonker Street. You can have it takeaway too if you want to walk around sipping on your favorite coconut shake hehe. The place has a wall where I think you can scribble on it whatever you want too. That time we were there, it was operated by an elderly couple and I thought it was cute so I took a picture of the wife.


4. The Stolen Cup 
    If you want to grab a coffee on the go, Stolen Cup is the go-to place. They have 2 entrance, one is for dine in and the other one I can say its for takeaway or just dine in at the bar table there. I've never tried their food but I tried their drinks and it was refreshing honestly. I ordered a mocha and it was on the sweet side. In my opinion, those who prefers a sweeter mocha, you can go here. For me, I prefer lesser chocolate on the mocha somehow or just equal. But this one was a little more on the chocolate side. You can also try the smoothies especially the berries with banana my friend ordered. It was nice, not too sweet, balanced. The interiors were very colorful hehe and I kind of like how they put frames and boards on the wall to decorate the cafe too! ;)


    Well, that's all I have for ya'll. I do hope I can visit more cafes in Malacca in the future. Thanks for reading all the way here hehe. For more photos you can visit my Instagram @shannonpsl or you can visit my VSCOGrid at the right corner function button, just click it and you'll find a Vsco button there OR you can just click here


Sincerely, Shannon

No comments