Meeting new friends

  Do you have any friends? Cause I do have heh. I've made a few friends these past two days and it was indeed memorable.

  I've recently started my university life as a freshman and I totally love it. But I guess you can say it's not yet to be confirmed since it's just the orientation programme going these past two days. Tomorrow's the last orientation and yes I am kind of sad about it but also excited to start my real 'military-like' classes as I would say. 

  Friends that I've met these past two days has its fun and awkward moments to be frankly speaking. You say 'Hi' and they responded with the same answer and that's it; you never talk to each other again and you'll keep on avoiding eye contact. There are friends who are much more friendlier too I would say; like the ones who would approach to you first when you're feeling like awkwardness and nervousness just crept into your body and your hands feel sweaty from all the overthinking about what should you do to have a good impression. 

  Making friends are like climbing mountains. You just meet them and you start to talk to them more and more, and eventually you will hang out more with them maybe during breaks and after classes. You slowly climb your way up to comfort and you see them as friends who will stay by your side forever. 

  That's why making friends are kinda difficult at times if you're an introverted type. But all I know is that introverted personality of yours doesn't affect you from making fewer friends. Being yourself and just as you are having fun with your high school friends who happens to attend the same university as you helps in meeting your new peers and friends you'll be seeing for the next few years in university. Take it as a life lesson and level up your confidence at the same time.

  Meeting new people isn't that scary after all so just relax and go with the flow as you be yourself and showcase your ability to make others feel comfortable around you. :) 


Food sure does a little part in meeting new great friends together too! 



No comments